Monday, August 9, 2010

Hello World

Derrick LaShawn Naylor, aka "The Plan", finally has a blog. I'm pretty excited about this because I love to write, but haven't really had a venue to write freely like this in a while. I don't have any concise plans for this yet, just want to kind of test it out for awhile. However, I do know I want to make this something real that will affect the lives of those who read it. Open your mind to my thoughts and experiences. Journey with me as I try to tackle life's trials and tribulations, and in turn, take from me the strength to tackle your own.

Just a little about me: I am about to be a junior at Indiana University, as a journalism major. I hope to write for a newspaper or preferably a magazine someday, though I'm sure it will all soon be online. I was once a biology major, but I soon found out I wasn't the genius I thought I was. In high school I was in the top 7% of my graduating class. Yet in college so far I've been nothing exceeding average. Still, i hold on in the hopes of soon finding my way to the top again.

Currently I'm trying for a third time to write a book, with the working title "Know The Plan". It's past what I would call the early stages, but a long way from being finished. The book is really a study of my life so far, which may seem odd for someone as young as 20, but I have friends younger than I who have passed to the next life. Oh yeah, I'm a christian but don't worry. I'm not the kind that's all in your face about it. I think of my faith as something I have and couldn't live without, but it's really nothing I feel the need to share with anyone else. And that is most likely the last I'll ever speak of it on here.

Well, that should do it for now. I just wanted to give a short intro. Trust me, this will get pretty deep sometimes and whoever reads it will get to know me very well. There will also be plenty of funny moments because I love making others laugh and am usually laughing just as hard, if not harder. Looking forward to this very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment